Code of Conduct
Updated: 1 January 2019
CODE OF CONDUCT
(relating to Anpario plc, “the Company”; and its subsidiaries together “the Group” and “Anpario”) and applicable to all employees and business partners, including joint venture partners, suppliers, customers, consultants, agents and representatives.
1. Corporate social responsibility statement
Anpario seeks to ensure a sustainable business, behaving socially, ethically and environmentally responsibly in relation to all its key stakeholders, including the communities in which the Group operates; its people; and the environment. This is demonstrated through its:
At Anpario we are committed to behaving professionally and responsibly to ensure the highest standards of honesty and integrity are maintained. All employees and business partners shall not take any actions to violate any applicable national and international anti-bribery and corruption legislation, including the UK Bribery Act 2010. The Group’s policy is set out in an Anti-bribery and Corruption policy which is set out in this Code of Conduct.
It is the Group’s policy to involve colleagues in the business and to ensure that matters of concern to them, including the Group’s aims and objectives and its financial performance, are communicated in an open way. We encourage our employees to further develop their skills and provide appropriate training in order to support our people and grow organisational capabilities. Anpario is an inclusive organisation where no-one receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, nationality, marital status, colour, race, ethnic origin, creed, sexual orientation or disability. The promotion of equal opportunities for all employees is regarded as an important Group priority.
Products and operations
Anpario supplies products for animal health to many countries and aims to provide products to enhance animal health and nutrition. Internal quality control ensures: the safety of its products; transparency and traceability; the operation of its manufacturing facilities to the highest standards; and the achievement of industry recognised quality standards. We have an established Group health and safety policy and we are committed to achieving a safe and secure working environment in all our own locations.
Responsible procurement policies are in place to source raw materials to high specification and rigorous quality standards. The supplier shall comply with all applicable ethical labour, trade laws and regulations in the geographies where materials are sourced and produced. Anpario does not accept slavery and human trafficking within our supply chain and will endeavour to comply with the requirements of The Modern Slavery Act 2015.
The Group recognises the importance of good environmental controls. It is the Group's policy to comply with environmental legislation currently in place, adopt responsible environmental practices and give consideration to minimising the impact of its operations on the environment.
2. Anti-bribery and corruption policy
Anpario has a commitment that all of our business dealings will be conducted honestly and with integrity. Anpario will not tolerate any form of bribery and corruption. The Executive Directors will support all employees and business partners when they make decisions in accordance with this policy.
This policy applies to all persons who work for or with Anpario and extends to cover all business dealings and transactions in all countries and territories in which subsidiary or associated organisations operate. This policy will also be operated in respect of our dealings with any sub-contractors or suppliers.
Gifts and Entertaining
All Anpario employees are expected to conduct themselves with integrity, impartiality and honesty at all times. In addition all business partners are required to follow these standards. Gifts or entertainment must only be accepted for legitimate business purposes. It is a key requirement of this policy that no gift or entertaining should ever be given or received if there could be an inducement to conduct business which might not otherwise take place.
So called Facilitation Payments are made in the form of a payment or gift to any public official or other person to encourage the proper and prompt enactment of a routine process or procedure. It is common for these to be demanded and paid in some overseas localities and jurisdictions. It is strictly prohibited for any Facilitation Payments to be made by any employee of Anpario or by anyone else on behalf of the Company or Group.
Conflicts of loyalty
Should any employee or business partner discover themselves to be in a situation where any personal interest or relationship might cause any conflict of interest with regard to their duties to the business they are required to immediately declare the same in writing to an appropriate official, Senior Manager or Director who must then immediately declare the matter to the Company Secretary.
Employees and business partners must never:
― Offer or make an unauthorised payment or authorise an improper payment (cash or otherwise) to any local or overseas Government Official, or any related person or entity.
― Attempt to induce any local or overseas Government Official to do something illegal.
― Shrug off or fail to report any indication of an improper payment or benefit in kind.
― Offer or receive money or anything of value, gifts or commission in relation to obtaining business or awarding contracts, or designed to improve the chances of that occurring.
― Do anything to induce or facilitate somebody else to break any part of this policy and the related rules.
― Fail to report any instance if ever it comes to their attention or it is suspected that any other employee or somebody associated with Anpario is in breach of this policy or any of the related rules. For the avoidance of doubt, an employee must report their own wrongdoing.
Any employee who breaches any of these prohibitions is liable to disciplinary action and outcomes up to and including summary dismissal.
The Executive Directors of Anpario have the overall responsibility for implementing this policy. If any instance of bribery or corruption is identified, the Executive Directors will immediately implement remedial measures.
3. RAISING CONCERNS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
All employees and business partners are encouraged to raise concerns about instances of actual or suspected financial malpractice or infringement of obligations stated in this Code of Conduct at the earliest possible stage by communicating this to The Company Secretary and or the Group Risk and Compliance Director: Manton Wood Enterprise Park, Worksop, Nottinghamshire, S80 2RS, UK. Telephone: 00 44 1909 537380
Responsibility & Sustainability Statements
Updated: 5th September 2019
- Sustainability means avoiding depletion of natural resources in order to maintain an ecological balance. It focuses on meeting the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs.
- Through our products, innovations and collaborations, Anpario:
- contributes to feeding a growing global population in a world with finite resources;
- helps to create good health and nutrition from feed to farm;
- helps to combat animal diseases that can destroy animals, livelihoods and world food supply.
- Our innovative products work in harmony with the animals’ biology to promote healthy growth and demonstrate value:
- to the animals fed directly through all life stages;
- indirectly to their progeny; and
- ultimately within the human food chain.
- Our work and products have a potential impact on the environment. We have a duty to ensure we proactively manage the impact we have in a responsible, positive and ethical manner. This contributes to the more efficient use of feed ingredients to reduce environmental footprints and ensures responsibly produced food.
- Anpario has a corporate obligation led by the Board of Directors to recognise our worldwide responsibilities; working with nature to champion the production of safe and healthy food globally.
- Anpario can have a positive impact on several of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/?menu=1300
- Anpario management and employees are our front line in delivering our corporate goals. Our values of integrity, teamwork, innovation and leadership have been established internally by our people. The Anpario ‘Green Team’, with volunteers representing all functions, initiate improved ways of working which are more sustainable for our environment.
- Each of us has our own personal goals to contribute to a cleaner sustainable planet.
Quality Policy Statement
Reviewed: 28th August 2019
Quality Policy Statement
It is our policy to source and obtain raw materials that conform to EU regulations with respect to Feed Safety for the manufacture and supply of feed additives that satisfy our customer’s requirements and technical specifications.
In order to achieve this we have established a documented Quality Management system that complies with FEMAS & UFAS requirements and is overseen by the Company Quality Manager.
The Quality Management system is reviewed annually with the HACCP plan review.
ANPARIO Employee’s responsibilities
All employees are made aware of the Company’s Quality policy objectives summarised in the Quality Policy statement during Company induction and are trained to meet Company quality standards.
It is the responsibility of the Quality Manager to oversee the Quality policy and to agree changes with Directors and appropriate Managers.
Employees are expected to inform their Line Manager or the Quality Manager of any activities, operations or conditions likely to put product quality at risk.
It is the responsibility of the Quality Manager to organise and maintain the Quality Management system.
It is the responsibility of the Quality Manager to work with the Production department Managers to ensure that all employees follow Company procedures and Work instructions.
The Quality Manager has the authority to give direction with respect to all aspects of quality assurance.
Quality Management System documentation
The ANPARIO Quality Manual sets out our business divisions’ control and assurance strategies.
The revision and maintenance of the manual is the responsibility of the Quality Manager. It is the responsibility of the Quality Manager to make sure that the work instructions and Company procedures in use are the current ones found in the Quality manual.
To be the global leader in developing and delivering products that naturally enhance animal health.
Anpario’s aim is to add value throughout the lives of animals. We combine knowledge, science and nature to provide products that enhance the natural development of livestock animals to maximise producers’ profitability.
Anpario operates a Quality system that meets the requirements of the FEMAS & UFAS code of practices.
Quality is at the heart of Anpario and all employees follow company procedures.
Feed safety requirements are part of our business goals and our commitment to feed safety is demonstrated by our use of HACCP and adherence to the FEMAS code of Practice. We comply with all legislation relating to the Animal Feed Industry and Health and Safety at work 1974.
The Anpario group monitors the quality performance of all its divisions and improvements are implemented whenever possible.
Anpario core quality objectives
- To offer high quality Animal Feed Additives that are safe to use and fulfil the appropriate technological requirement.
- To offer technical advice to our customers.
- To do business honestly and ethically.
- To be resourceful and helpful in meeting our customer’s needs.
- To be flexible with a helpful and responsive attitude.
- Above all we remember that our customers are the very purpose of our business.
- This statement represents our commitment on behalf of the Company to our Quality policy.