Estimated losses resulting from higher mortality and reduced daily weight gain
€1,080 million/year for the EU pig industry
Product innovation is driven by our customers and shaped by Anpario’s expertise within the feed additive sector. Our regional teams comprised of nutritionists, vets and experienced production managers support the implementation of our 4R’s approach to antibiotic usage.
- Anpario’s 4R’s Philosophy
Underpinning our Planet objectives is one of our core strategies. Anpario’s 4R’s approach to reducing antibiotic use in animal production; Review, Reduce, Replace, Responsibly supports our customers to reduce reliance on antibiotics, whilst maintaining efficient production using natural sustainable solutions.
We strive to maintain recognition as a lead innovator in speciality feed additives, always delivering value by using cutting edge science and technologies working in harmony with nature.
“Supporting livestock producers to reduce their reliance on antibiotics without impacting the health and efficiency of their production system, is central to our strategy and drives our product innovation. Our natural solutions offer strong sustainable alternatives, that reduce reliance or are capable of replacing conventional outmoded technologies. These speciality feed additives use cutting edge science and technologies and work in harmony with nature, delivering value and driving positive change every day to benefit livestock, people and the planet.”
– Dr Wendy Wakeman, Global Technical Director.
Read our Brochure on the 4R’s Approach to Successful Antibiotic Reduction
Developed to manage intestinal health in animals, supporting optimum gut integrity and performance. Orego-Stim is a consistently high quality, 100% natural oregano essential oil feed additive, formulated to be low inclusion and free-flowing for addition to finished feed or water to give an effective homogeneous mix.
- Improves Number of Piglets Weaned Through Maternal Feeding
Orego-Stim Improves Number of Piglets Weaned Through Maternal Feeding (CISS, IL. USA)
In Sows Orego-Stim Has Been Shown to:
- Support proliferation of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
- Maintain sow body condition scores.
- Reduce incidence of oxidative stress.
- Numerically increase piglet birth weights.
- Support feed intakes and feed efficiency.
Driving Piglet Performance
Driving piglet performance through improved maternal nutrition is a cost-effective way to maximise lifetime performance and health of growing piglets, as piglets lost prior to weaning represent an economic loss, as well as a welfare target. Early microbial colonisation in young pigs provides a window of opportunity to modulate the gut microbiome and achieve long–term benefits on immune development, resistance to disease and digestive efficiency.
- Supports Piglet Body Weight from Birth to Weaning
Orego-Stim Supports Piglet Body Weight from Birth to Weaning
In Piglets from Orego-Stim Supplemented Sows, Orego-Stim has been shown to:
- Lower piglet mortality from 14.3% to 10.9%.
- Improve lifetime performance, with a 3.4kg greater body weight at finish.
- Increase piglet weight at weaning by 2.07kg.
- Reduce medication use by 4.7%.
- Provide a suitable alternative to therapeutic zinc oxide.
- Provides an Effective Alternative to Zinc Oxide
Orego-Stim Provides an Effective Alternative to Zinc Oxide in Piglets Post-Weaning