- Inclusion of Orego-Stim in laying hen diets increased egg production by 13 eggs/hen.
- Feeding Orego-Stim increased egg size throughout lay and improved persistence of lay.
- Supplementation of diets with Orego-Stim resulted in an ROI of 5.5:1.
- Orego-Stim is a high quality eubiotic comprised of 100% natural oregano essential oil.
- Orego-Stim can help to support egg production and help hens achieve genetic potential and improved lifetime performance.
COMMERCIAL STUDY DESIGN
A commercial study was conducted using Hy-Line brown hens, at a large layer farm in Western Europe. All pullets were reared in the same pullet house and transferred to enriched cage system laying houses at 16 weeks of age. Two houses of 90,000 hens were fed either a standard diet (control), or standard plus inclusion of Orego-Stim at 450g/t inclusion from to 15 to 34 weeks, followed by 300g/t inclusion of Orego-Stim, from 34 weeks until 81 weeks of age (Orego-Stim).
The addition of Orego-Stim in layer diets from the start of laying until end of lay resulted in:
- 13 more eggs/hen by 81 weeks of age.
- A 2.2% reduction in mortality.
- 8.7% fewer 2nd’s.
- Increased economic gain with 26.9% and 21.6% more income from XL and Large eggs respectively.
- A ROI of 5.5:1.
This study demonstrates that Orego-Stim is a cost-effective, natural solution for improving hen performance, reducing the number of second eggs and increasing egg production without compromising feed efficiency and whilst maintaining persistence of lay.
Disclaimer: No performance guarantee is offered. All observations noted in this document were provided by the customer.