- A healthy gut supports optimal feed digestion and absorption, which helps to support egg production and shell quality.
- Orego-Stim is a high quality eubiotic comprised of 100% natural oregano essential oil.
- Orego-Stim can help to improve gut health and subsequent litter quality in commercial laying hens, reducing dirty eggs, supporting egg quality and increasing the number of first class eggs.
COMMERCIAL STUDY DESIGN
A commercial study was undertaken at a large layer farm in Western Europe to determine the effect of Orego-Stim on egg quality and laying hen performance. All pullets were reared in the same pullet house and transferred to enriched cage system laying houses at 16 weeks of age. Two houses of 90,000 Hy-Line Brown hens were fed either a standard diet (control), or a standard diet supplemented with Orego-Stim (Orego-Stim). This was included in the diet at 450g/t inclusion from to 15 to 34 weeks, followed by 300g/t from 34 to 81 weeks of age.
The addition of Orego-Stim in layer diets from the start of laying until end of lay resulted in:
- Reduced numbers of second class cracked, dirty and liquid eggs.
- A 1.7% increase in first class eggs.
- Improved egg production, egg quality and economic gain, giving a ROI of 5.5:1.
This study demonstrates that Orego-Stim is a cost-effective, natural solution for supporting laying hen performance and optimal egg quality.
Disclaimer: No performance guarantee is offered. All observations noted in this document were provided by the customer.