|Department:||Export & Logistics Department|
|Working Hours:||Full-time, 37.5 hours per week|
|Reporting to:||Export & Logistics Manager|
|Responsible for:||Support in National and International Regions|
Overall Purpose of Job
- Whilst reporting into the Export & Logistics Manager oversee all day to day activities carried out by the Export and Logistics’ team members.
- To support the Export & Logistics Manager and to ensure products are processed accurately and on time, minimising costs and maintaining agreed budget constraints.
- Be responsible for reviewing current operations within the team, delivering efficiencies wherever possible, and develop a standard way of working across all regions.
General Description – Task Related
- Liaising with orders.
- Liaising with freight forwarders.
- Liaising with Regional Sales Managers regarding orders.
- Liaising with customers.
- Data entry into reports.
- Handling of invoices.
- Warehouse documentation for loading.
- Dealing with hazardous and non-hazardous transport.
Assistant Manager duties
- To support the Export & Logistics Manager with projects.
- To provide cover for the Export & Logistics Manager, as and when required.
- To liaise with team members and Regional Managers to ensure Export & Logistics issues are resolved efficiently.
- To review and evaluate working practices ensuring the efficiency of the team.
- To implement standardisation wherever possible, increasing the flexibility across the team by ensuring cover for all regions.
- To ensure current resources are fully utilized, in particular SAGE X3.
- To support Export & Logistics Manager with Employee relation issues such as disciplinaries.
- To provide employees with annual appraisals.
- To prepare Export & Logistics reports.
- Absence and holiday recording.
- Managerial qualifications.
- GCSE’S in English and Math’s.
- Process improvement qualifications preferable.
Skills And Experience
- Professional telephone manner.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Good time management skills.
- IT skills: must be a competent user of Microsoft packages.
- Must have a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Good communication skills (Verbal and written).
- Experience of managing a team of 5 or more.
- Experience in Export all around the world.
- Experience in project management.
- Proven track record in improving systems to deliver efficiencies.
To apply to send a copy of your CV to Helena.email@example.com
Job Description approved and reviewed by Cindy Thomson, 11/09/2019.